This weekend was GREAT. My official one week residency in New York City was a major success in so many ways.
Friday night: I met up with Joanie's sister Jenn. We met up at Lillie's in Union Square (http://www.lilliesnyc.com/HOME.html), then to Rye House (http://www.ryehousenyc.com/), which had some of the best drinks and a YUMMY Cuban Sandwich that Jenn and I shared.
Saturday: Finished all of my unpacking! My room is really my room now. Everything has been put away and organized and it looks really cute. Pictures to come soon! Speaking of which, I bought a bunch of picture frames and now have photos on my walls and shelves of me with all my favorite people! Definitely some LA love in the house. I even put my "Lakers Baby" Jack Nicholson painting in the living room to bring some good luck for the Finals this week! That night Ally and I went out to Ward 3 in Chelsea and met up with a friend referral from Ron (Sherri's boyfriend). Jarvis, Ron's friend, was throwing a birthday party for his boyfriend, Kyle. This place had the best drinks I've ever tasted. I drank whiskey with honey and lemon... YUM YUM YUM! Met some new people there and continued the night (I already wrote about that, I think).
Sunday: I was pretty lazy during the day, finished up a few things, walked around the city a bit. At night, I met up with another referral friend, John Ohara, and went to o many Lower East Side bars that I can't even remember them all. We literally sang karaoke until the sun came up though, I came home not to a sunrise, but to the sun UP! I also did my first bull ride at this bar, Mason Dixon.
The fun continued on Monday. Brunch at Blue Water Grill in Union Square (http://www.brguestrestaurants.com/restaurants/blue_water_grill_new_york/index.php). Enjoyed good seafood and then walked through the farmer's market to Washington Square Park, where we sat and listened to jazz music and watched kids dancing. Kept it pretty casual after that... just headed home, walked around some more and enjoyed a night on the couch with my new roommates who I love! Dave made homemade carne asada tacos with his special recipe corn salsa AND hot salsa, red cabbage, cheese, sour cream. YUMS again! Watched Stranger Than Fiction with Carla and Dave on the couch. It was so nice to actually just have a night at home. Finally started watching the last episode of Lost, but it is so long that I am doing it in two parts, part 2 tonight (I hope).
Tonight: Dinner for new friend Ashley's birthday tonight. Going to Onieal's in Soho for dinner and drinks (http://www.onieals.com/newyork.html). A little interesting tid bit:
Pretty cool. Really looking forward to it, actually.Onieal's is well known for "Sex and the City." When Miranda's once and future boy-toy Steve partners up with Carrie’s ex Aidan to open the bar ‘SCOUT’, it is Onieal’s Grand Street in downtown NYC that serves as the backdrop for the casually hip New York bar.
For now, back to my busy day at work. Currently eating lunch at my desk (brought from home with the groceries I bought yesterday - I am obviously very proud of this accomplishment). haha
xxx
Jem


Hi Jema,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having a blast in NYC. We missed you a ton at dinner on Sunday. It's just not the same without you.
Love, Diana
Sounds like you are having a real good time. Miss you a ton and love you much. Can't wait to come out and join you for a weekend.
ReplyDeleteAP