Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Life's Little Lessons

I think for the most part, I am a generally happy person. A lot of things make me smile and I go about my day knowing I am not one of those people who walks about frowning constantly. I laugh often, I live with passion (mostly happy, joyous, exciting), but I am not above letting the little things get me down. When someone looks at me the wrong way, judges me incorrectly, doesn't like me right off the bat, being unhappy with the amount of money I make and the stress that comes with being 'poor'... things like this can tend to get me down. Then you meet women like Juanita. The woman who cleans the bathroom here at Mindshare. She always greets you with her big dimples and a cheerful hello. She chats about how beautiful the weather is and you genuinely get a sense that when she wakes up everyday, she feels blessed. Shouldn't I? Luckily, for the most part, I do. I do feel blessed. By family, friends, a great job... the ability to afford to live in Manhattan...

2 comments:

  1. my baby's growing up! With experience comes wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "expat" experience will help, for sure !

    good luck in your life, Jema, enjoy each moment and be sure to be welcomed in Paris when you'll get bored by New Yorkers !!

    cousin grégoire

    ReplyDelete