Life escapes me. Time runs out so quickly these days. I try to catch it, but fail.
I don't know which way to turn. Everything is different.
Things I knew before, I don't. Places I went to before are gone. People.
Not that everything isn't great. It's magnificent and magical. Mystifying.
It's as if I am looking at the world through a looking glass - all upside down.
Illusions and bright lights trick the eyes and as the blur fades some becomes real. Too real. Too much truth.
New adventures come with large sacrifices - ones I didn't realize I was making. Sacrifices of the heart. Potentially made for me eventually, but who knows. This situation didn't happen to me, I happened to it. I made my choice, I took that vow, I will succeed. I will be the best possible in the given circumstance. I won't surrender. I will keep my head up, heart beating and show everyone who I really am. I am a fighter. I am not a doormat. If you want me, you'll have to prove it. You'll have to do more than breathe. This is the new me.
Disillusioned and stronger because of it. No longer hiding behind the comfortable. I seek out the revolution. To turn this life in a new direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment