Monday, June 28, 2010

The wonderfulness of friends

Yes, that's right. Wonderfulness. It's a word, my word.

Definition: (adj) wonderful in origin, a way of describing affectionately.

Wonderfulness.


This weekend I spent time with all of my beautiful friends.
Friday woke up late, went to the gym, got laundry done, went to mani/pedis with Ashley, then out to dinner with Elana and her friend Andrew. Went to Scarpetta in the Meatpacking District. That food was wow worthy, but put a nice dent in my wallet... ouch!
After dinner it was out to get drinks at Brass Monkey, where Kathy and her friend met up with us.

Saturday afternoon I nursed one of the worst hangovers I've ever had, then met back up with Elana and Andrew to watch the USA vs. Ghana game. Got there just in time to watch USA really suck the life out of the bar during overtime. Moseyed with the group to the Frying Pan where we sat for hours, some of them in the rain, drinking Coronas and swaying on the boat, which definitely increases your buzz.

Six of us went to grab some dinner at Vertigo in Murray Hill, then out to Ward 111 in TriBeCa.

I finally learned what that stands for and feel like my NYC education is coming right along... Triangle Below Canal... feels good to know the answers to these silly little questions. Rob and his friend met up with us and our little group too. Bar hopping was the idea, but everyone loved the place so much we just stayed and I made even better friends with the bartenders, who already remembered my name.

Sunday was another funday at the Pig N Whistle on 2nd.
Jeff Murrell from LA was in town, so he and I met up with Jenn and Kathy and Alice. It was a really fun/exciting day of playing with my LA buddies (Jenn isn't but her sister is, so I am lumping). Alice just moved to New York yesterday and I couldn't be more excited about having her here. It was such a good time showing her around a little bit. We all went to Republic in Union Square together too.

YUM! Made it back home to freshen up, then went to the Hudson Hotel (thanks for the recommendation Jeff), I had never been there and I will definitely have to go back at some point. It was really beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever suck at advertising, you could get a gig as a guide to the good life in NYC. Amazing stories and photos. So happy to see you enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. just read this. best welcome party ever!

    ReplyDelete