Another Monday. The fifth one to be exact, but it already feels like it should be Wednesday, at least.
I came into the office yesterday and worked from 11am to 4:30pm. Ouch. My first weekend at work experience and no one even asked me to come in. I think I always imagined an Office Space experience, where Mr. Lombard told me I was "going to have to come in on Saturday."
The rest of the weekend was pretty fun though.
Friday night I didn't make it to the Band of Horses concert because, again, I had too much work to get done. Gil and I left the office at 8pm and walked across the street to the Pig N' Whistle. Once the concert was over Jenn met up with us and we stayed there for a while, made friends with the awesome upstairs bartender, Mel. She could have done a better job of hooking it up, but I liked her anyway.
Saturday, Jenn and I met up with Elana at the Pig N' Whistle on 2nd (one near my apartment) and watched some World Cup. (Side note, those Danish soccer players are wildly hot!) There is a funny story about this particular Pig N' Whistle... When Sherri and I came to New York in March 2008, we stayed at my cousin Emma's apartment right around the corner from this place. Went in there on night number one and proceeded to make it in for at least one drink every single night of our trip after that (I think it was 7-8 days or so). Of course, that's because we made friends with the bartender, Noel, an awkwardly cute, but super nice and fun guy from Ireland. Flash forward to Saturday, he still works there and after a little bit of reminding him that we had met before (and showing him pictures of us on FB together), he treated me and the girls to many free drinks and we will definitely be returning in the future. I think it is going to end up being THE spot for Sunday Fundays during football season.
Sunday, what a wash. Spent all day at the office, but I did get all of my work done. Left exhausted, but mustered up the energy to keep my plans with Rob (Adrienne's cousin). We went to Dos Caminos, shared a couple different kinds of tacos and drank margaritas and coronas (much needed). He tried to get me to watch The Godfather, but that ended up not working out so well. I was way too tired to get through that whole movie and had to go home.
Here we are, Monday morning. Full circle in a few paragraphs. Time to get back to work and kick some ass. More updates soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment