Monday, June 14, 2010

Three Weeks Strong

Another Monday begins my third week in the city.

I knew it would get more difficult to keep the updates coming once life really got started here. With more responsibility at work, finding time during the day to break and update is nearly impossible (feeling slightly guilty about taking the time right now) and I updating at home is also not really an option. Enough talking about it already, here's the newest stuff I've been seeing and doing in the Big Apple...

This weekend I puppy-sat for Ashley. Staying in her apartment for the weekend by myself was a great way to get that much-needed me time I have been searching for. I've always known that I don't need that much "me time' compared to other people I know, but every once in a while it's really nice to just sit by yourself and be a bum. The puppster, Charley, and I took some nice naps on the couch together, watched the second half of the first season of True Blood, Twilight, walked around the Upper East Side and got caught in the rain. Seems as though Charley and I have a couple things in common: we like taking walks, getting rubbed and we hate the rain. Last night I cooked dinner while Charley helped keep the floors clean. We made spaghetti with a bacon, tomato, onion, red bell pepper, basil and red wine sauce. Drank a couple glasses of wine in the process (thinking of how I have become more and more my mother's daughter) and waited for Ashley to get home. We ate dinner together, watched some more True Blood and caught each other up on our good weekends (her's may have been a slightly better than mine, I have to admit). After about 4 glasses of wine, I was a little too inebriated to make it home by myself, so I crashed on the couch until 6:30 this morning... oh well, that's what friends are for, right?

Friday was pretty intense. Had my first real cry since I've been here. I watched Dear John by myself and balled. For arguments sake, I am going to say it was the movie's fault that I spent hours wiping away tears, but ultimately I did feel better in the morning. Sometimes you just have to let it all out.

There are so many things here that remind me of times in the past, things I want to share with those I still love back home in LA.

I went to a comedy show last week. The headliner was Kristen Schaal from Flight of the Concordes, she was fabulous. She did this whole Flash Dance reenactment at the end of her stand-up and had the whole audience laughing hysterically. Certain FOTC-obsessed people I know would have LOVED to see her live.

Besides sitting around and being lazy this weekend, I also got out to watch a little World Cup on Saturday and met up with a friend from LA at night. Went to a pool party at the Grace Hotel here in Midtown. Kind of funny, I thought that an East Coast night time pool party would be like it is in LA usually, people hanging out around a pool in nice clothes, drinking cocktails. Here, it was actually a ton of people in this little indoor pool with a swim up bar with the whole place vibrating with club music. Would have been fun if I was even close to as drunk as everyone there and also, if I brought a bathing suit. haha

I took pictures of all these different things. I will share them later when I get the chance to upload. For now, I have to get back to work. More fun stuff when I return.

xoxo
Jema

1 comment:

  1. what a great chronicler you are, girl. Laughed (and cried) along with you. Cheers! Oh PS: next time you go to a pool party, bring a bathing suit. These East Coasters take their summers really seriously! After all they only last 3 months!

    ReplyDelete