I have to say, it feels personal. Ever since I left my hometown of L.A., the Lakers have been haters. It's like they have a vendetta against me. Kobes, what's the deal, huh? I put myself out there, wore my brand new 'I <3 Lakers t-shirt' to a NYC bar for game 3, made sure to get home early enough last night from dinner to catch the whole second half of game 4, and yet there is still no love. Let's pull it together, OK? For me? Please? I would like to see a championship team playing in game 5... make me proud to be an Angeleno transplant! Is that too much to ask?
On another note, I actually managed to get some good sleep last night, but still woke up exhausted. Feels like the pure anxiety and adrenaline that I was running on before has rubbed off a bit and I am a normal functioning person again. I have to say, I miss the rush... a lot. It's like drugs, I want it back. haha. It hit me pretty hard yesterday actually. After working a very busy 10+ hour day, mom and I went to have dinner at Shun Lee, a dim sum restaurant near Lincoln Center. We walked through Columbus Circle, which was so beautiful, I can't believe I have never been through there before. After a very filling dinner, she took me to Whole Foods for some groceries. It's tradition at this point: everytime I move, my mom buys my first batch of groceries. Considering I have barely been home since I got here, we only bought one bag - a lot less than ever before. Thanks mom!
Plans for this week include:
Tonight
Dinner with mom again tonight - we're thinking Meat Packing or Chelsea, I have gotten a ton of great recommendations - I will give the full review tomorrow! So excited!
Drinks with Rich Fimbres - one of my reps from LA is out here this week, so barring a large fail on my part, we're going to try to meet up for some cocktails after I have dinner with mom.
Tomorrow
Lunch with mom and Sharon (family friend). Apparently Sharon chose someplace awesome, but I am really not sure where... I definitely delete emails way too quickly these days.
Bon Jovi conert with my new team (hopefully we won't be working so late that we miss it, it's going to have to be a very hard working day to get there on time!)
Friday
Drinks with Joanie's sister, Jenn, after a HALF DAY at work. Can't wait to meet her. Maybe she'll be my new PIC! hahaha. Those Pagan sisters are going to have me around for life!
WEEEEEKEND
I have no idea what this weekend actually has in store for me, but there are plans to attend a fabulously gay boys birthday party down in Tribeca, Frankie is back in town, possibly my first trip to an East coast beach... it's going to be crazy though. Looking forward to this long weekend and showing NYC what I am really made of.
xoxox
Jem
No comments:
Post a Comment