Thursday, May 20, 2010

3 Days Left

Recently there has been a lot of talk about bravery. If we're talking about fearlessness, I don't fit the bill. Scared out of my mind, it gets more real everyday. As I say good bye to friends I love and pack my things in boxes, deciding what I need, what to toss, what to give, it all feels closer.

When I first accepted the job it felt like a joke. My brain was saying yes to something I had always dreamed of and my heart stopped listening. Stupid brain, we aren't impulsive like this. Yet, here we are. Heart is listening now, beating faster with every passing moment, overflowing my bottomless well of emotion. It's all coming to the surface now.

People always ask, "what are you feeling?" Well everyone, I am feeling everything. I have never gone through so many different emotions at one time. Scared, anxious, sad, happy, excited, breakable, strong... seriously ladies and gentlemen, you've officially met the human roller coaster.

Sitting on this couch, listening to good music, surrounded by boxes, I don't want to get up. Lifting myself up like a heavy weight. It's time to take it all in. Never forgetting the smells, echoing, beautiful life that has taken place in the past year. Happily ever after or not, happiness happens. May I never take my loved ones and privileged life for granted.

Which brings me to my time at RPA. How lucky can one girl get? I couldn't have fallen into a better company with better people. It was so strange not going to work today, nice to nurse the hangover from the comforts of my own home though. Thanks to all my wonderful RPA pals, I still have a headache.  Totally worth all of it though. Last night was a blast. Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment