Thursday, September 2, 2010

without

head and heart conspiring against me
perhaps I am one of those who needs to be with
to be happy

surrounded by those who love me
adore me
but still I find it's not the same
as being with

feeling arms around me to keep me together
holding me tighter than I can hold myself
a sense I've always known

maybe he was right about me
that I require this
this with
never thought of myself that way until now


it's a big, huge, massive world out there
I know that there are many to take the place
to be with
but I've never had to look


not a stand out
nothing extraordinary
just me
seems reasonable that I could get lost among the many


but I know I'm special somehow
I have my gifts
of love
of passion
of joy
things that have always been brought out by my with

how can you love when there is nothing to?
how can you be passionate about something that isn't there?
how can I can show you the joy I am capable of?

this is so sad
to be without
something I'm not used to
nor do I want to be
but who am I if I can never be without

this is so hard to admit
to put down on paper so to speak
to share with you all
letting you in to my darkest place
putting loneliness out into a shared space

----

I am ready for a change
to feel good about letting go of this with
and ultimately being without
but this is an easy thing to say
and not so easy to digest

today I will begin meditating to a new mantra
of finding happiness without
and letting go of him, my once with
producing my own joy
being passionate about life
and loving me

----

I have now almost deleted this post a few times
thinking about judging eyes
and of whose they are

hopefully this whole conversation I have with you all
is about learning and acceptance
and not evaluation

I do enough of that on my own


4 comments:

  1. this is very special. you are becoming not just a great writer but an inspired poet. proud of you.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words littles. Takes lots of courage to make a post like this. I think honesty with yourself is that big first step to overcoming adversity. When I was in my late teens- early 20's I use to get anxiety attacks and it wasn't until I got the courage to share what was going on with my close friends that I was finally able to start getting my anxiety under control. Mind you it took me 2 years to finally open that part of myself up to anyone. In a sense, it lost it's power because it was no longer a secret.

    Love can be a nasty f'in bug and when bitten it's poison can take years to heal from. I feel your pain and my heart hurts for you; but I envy your strength and your resolve to find your own footing in the world and come to a relationship as a complete person and not someone who NEEDS someone.

    Find someone worthy of your poetry-
    Someone who can write it/Live it with you. Someone who brings out your best self.
    Someone who inspires you to make more of it.
    Life can be fun and a party--you party girl,
    but find someone that can as deep as you obviously go---

    What I am really trying to say is that you rock my world Jema! You are an amazing poet and a song writer. You are a DEEP fucking well!!! Keep on drinking and share more of what you've got because It is the shit!

    Love you--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jema
    What a wonderful poem. I feel that you are moving into healing yourself. You really seem to be getting in touch with the part that is without.
    I am proud of you for writing such a poem that reveals a deeper part of yourself. It takes courage to expose these deeper emotions within yourself to the outer world. I hope you choose to keep it going.
    Love You
    Your Uncle Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jem, I've read your poem and feel I should say something wise. But nothing comes to mind except love for you. Your bros tell me we are very much alike. But I don't know. I've been with someone my whole life, since I was 16. I like being alone. It's less stressful that way. I could not do what you have done. That is, go out and fend for myself. I used to do that when I was young but didn't like it much. In Nepal, I am gregarious and do business. The latter I stink at and the former is worthless in the end. I find friendships rather disappointing. Now you'd think I was a cynic. No, I am a romantic who has suffered loss, but not of a love object like you have. So this is a long way to say nothing wise except that I miss your face. We have missed time, much time, the time to connect again and become best friends. I want you to know me. Your poem helps me know you. Oh, maybe I do have something wise to say. The world is yin-yang. Dark times followed by light. Love you

    ReplyDelete