Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Beginnings

Things are starting to change again. I am moving upstairs, across town and into new departments. There will be new doors to walk through, unfamiliar commutes and another learning curve to navigate, but I'm game. There is so much to look forward to on my horizon!

A new job! Yup, it's finally happening. Tomorrow marks my final day on the LG Strategic Planning team. On Thursday, I move up to the 5th floor, into a different department and part of a separate agency. I will no longer be a Mindshare employee, but instead GroupM. This means a new email address, a new title, new roles and responsibilities. I will now be a Print Buyer working on American Express (the OPEN card specifically, I think) and LG (At least they will have print next year!). There have been a plethora of people in the industry who've told me how much I am going to love working with my new bosses, Evan (the Print Director) and Craig (Supervisor). I know I have an Assistant, but I don't know who he/she is yet.

Thursday, Elana and I are having our "Fauxing Away" party in celebration of our new jobs in the same building. Yesterday she officially moved up to the 4th floor on the Unilever account to work on frozen foods... as she would say, "so sexy!" Somehow, Mindshare threw enough money in her direction and convinced her not to leave the company for a new job. Needless to say, I am ecstatic about this, since I still get to have her just one floor below me and every day now too! Anyway, so the party is happening at the Pig N Whistle across the street from the office - yikes! I haven't been there really since the whole Mel and Max fiasco happened and I have to admit, I am kind of stressed about it. I know I shouldn't be, she is just a bartender, who cares, right? Plus, she works upstairs and we'll be downstairs, so there really is no reason why I will have to see her, but still.... ah, see how I am stressing?? LOL. Woo-sa, Woo-sa. I am OK.

THEN, I am only 16 more days away from picking up the keys to my new apartment in StuyTown with Jenn and Alice, who have become my wife and child on Facebook too! HAHA.Our wonderful Elana has agreed to help me move in and schlep my shit from Midtown to East Village-adjacent (yes, I am sticking to this designation) in exchange for my friendship and of course, some pizza and beer. Before I move in, I really need to decide on a paint color for my bedroom though. I think this weekend I am going to spend some time in Home Depot figuring it out. Ah, I love this!

2 comments:

  1. jem-boo,

    FUn fun! SOunds like a truly great adventure! Don't get stressed about Bartenders. She did you a great service. If you are wasting your time on "bullshit" then eventually you find your life resembles bullshit. So--in my humble (not so humble) opinion it's better to waste your time doing things that you are passionate about and being with people that inspire you...not just folk that are "fun"--- Like you said--"max was fun". Fun can kind of get boring....

    Hope that doesn't feel too judgmental.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pine green of your bedroom here in Topanga

    ReplyDelete