Thursday, September 30, 2010

WE GOT KEYS

OMG, we finally got the keys to our new apartment. Jenn and I went to go pick them up last night. Here's a little video of what it looks like with NOTHING in it.



Ah, so in love! :)

In other news, sorry to everyone for not posting anything in soooo long. Priorities have been to the new job and getting myself ready to move.

With the whole purse stealing fiasco, I had to suck it up and hire movers for tomorrow. I will probably be thankful for this after all is said and done, but sometimes it just feels wrong to pay more than you have to for these things. I mean seriously, I own almost nothing. On that note, it's a good thing I am moving in with other girls because together we own some stuff (emphasis on some).

I have been working on print buying for a couple weeks now, maybe not even that long, and I am so happy. I am so glad I made the switch. I am meant for this position. It doesn't hurt that my new bosses and assistants are great. My bosses trust me to put together my own plans (working on getting my second one approved this week) and build my own relationships with reps. I am not getting my hand held much (just enough) and not being micro-managed, which is so refreshing. There is most definitely a little bit a of a learning curve with the software that they use here that I have never been exposed to before, but it's kind of awesome that we're taking it as a learn-as-you-go type of situation. Every day I learn new tricks to these tools - so nerdy, but I am absolutely loving it.

For all of you that have been keeping up with me, you know how momentous this really is. I was loathing my last position so much that I was wondering if I had made any of the right decisions career-wise at all. Working in New York and bettering myself is all fine and dandy, but only if you can make it long enough to survive. Now it is time to foster my relationships here, enjoy it for everything it's worth and move UP!

Also, the past few weeks have been a lot of fun. We had Jenn's birthday outings, which were all great fun. Here are some pictures to prove it:







Love my beautiful ladies. Hopefully Alice will start showing up in these pictures again. She's been so busy with work and living in the West Village on Laurel's couch that we haven't had any time to spend together. She's going to be living with us now though, so I have a good feeling about this changing.Making more great friends at work these days. I love the Amex Strat Planning team we work with. It's such a big team and they are all great fun. Like one big happy Amex family. HAHA

There really is so much more going on too, but I have run out of time this morning for elaboration. Here are the other headlines of my life:
Nightmares about bed bugs (seriously, nightmares!)
Paint colors for my bedroom
My new commute to work
A weekend with lots of cute boys thinking I am cute (a great ego boosting weekend for sure)

That's all for now folks.
xoxo
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment