I went to bed last night feeling sorry for myself. Why? Who knows for sure, various reasons can be attributed. I keep putting myself into avoidable situations for no good reason. Instant gratification with delayed consequences. There are a million people to talk to about this, a good night with a journal in my lap and a pen in my hand might help, but it doesn't feel like enough. There's only one person I really want to discuss any of these problems with, but I must again fight the urge for instant gratification with delayed consequences: more mind-numbing self-loathing.
I get it, this all sounds so dramatic. I am feeling slightly dramatic recently though and aren't I allowed every once in a while? I am not sure though, it's possible I may be more dramatic than I give myself credit for. Regardless, this DQ (drama queen) got totally lost in her own misery last night and then woke up. A brand new day, beautiful morning, still I have swirling, throbbing, aching mental agony. I took the opportunity to lose myself in a book while working out this morning. I thought it would help, putting myself into the character's issues and forgetting about my own. It did help, until I walked out of the gym, tired and sore in addition to the whole head problem. Don't they usually say that it helps to make something else hurt on your body so you forget about what's really bothering you? Well, I tried, I have made my valiant effort for the morning, yet still no relief!
Additionally, which is totally annoying, I sent out a client email this morning with a really big presentation I have been working on for the past three weeks with a mistake in the frickin' subject line. I reread the email about three times checking for anything that would be missing or misspelled and forgot to take "EMAIL DRAFT" our of the subject of the email when I sent it. Blah! I don't want to deal with this at all right now. What a dummy I am today. I need to crawl up and take a nap. My head just isn't right at all this morning. YUCK!
Alright, enough complaining for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment