This weekend was so nice and relaxing. No set plans, no pressures. Just got cleaned my room, listened to music and had time to think. I did a lot of thinking about where my life is taking me career-wise. There is a fork in the road just up ahead, I am practically there, and I am unsure about which way to turn. I could go straight, stay on this same path, endure the long hours, stress and perk-less agony. I could go right, an easy turn into something I know, something comfortable, something I may be able to get ahead quickly in, but without a true understanding about how that affects me in the long run - do I take the quick easy path? Or, do I turn left, a little more difficult, a little more unknown, but potentially a bigger future. It could very well be the worst decision of all three, but it has the opportunity to be the best.
I know this is all so vague, but it's easier to understand for my non-advertising industry readers. I have some informational interviews coming up this week to help flush out my pros and cons list - a smart choice, I think before making any real life-changing decisions. Maybe I should have sat down and done this before moving to New York? HAHA. Well, that ended up working out pretty well so far, so perhaps there is some validity in going with your gut. And, if that's the case... then maybe the right turn is the right one for a reason. Every part of me really thinks that no matter what anyone else thinks about my decision and where it might take me, it's my decision and it will make me happier than I am at this moment.
HAHA!
ReplyDelete