I have a feeling that today is going to be a long day. I find myself so ready to go home it hurts. The people who know and love me most are just a plane ride away, but I have to wait another 36 hours 'til takeoff. There are so many "I love yous" to come, a plethora of hugs and squeezes to bestow, a myriad of different stories to tell different people and more anticipation that I can possibly express here.
It's a wonderful thing though. The past week, getting closer and closer to tomorrow's flight, has made everything here seem more real and permanent. Prior to this fit of LA anxiousness, it all still seemed like vacation. A dream filled with easy and fast friends, some terrible and not-so-terrible dates, new places, tall buildings. Life has settled in here pretty nicely, yet it doesn't seem real. Perhaps this is a blessing, in fact I am sure it is. To still feel this sense of euphoria after more than two months of inhabiting this big city - it's magical.
I want to share it with so many of you. I want you to see this beautiful life and join it. Pick up and follow me into this wonderful world I've created for myself. One little blog cannot convey the grandeur of this city and the joy it has given me.
And so, now that you are back in NYC, does it feel like "coming home?" Watching you grow is exciting, my darling.
ReplyDelete