Wednesday, February 16, 2011

However you move through life, you always have to go forward. No sense in looking back at what could have been or what you would have done differently. Jumps, leaps, steps. Whether you climb or dance, shuffle or crawl, we continue to watch the days pass by into years and months and before you know it they are gone. Past memories of all those big and small decisions you made along the way that got you to where you are in the present.

Today held a moment. I could feel my life moving. I got a phone call confirming that for the first time in my life I will be preparing to live with the same person for all my years to come. Brandon and I got this amazing apartment and it isn't just the excitement of moving in together here in New York City. It isn't merely that this apartment is everything we have been looking for with a beautiful kitchen, parking garage-sized closet, lots of light and a living room big enough to entertain all our friends in. Really, it is a place I could really see myself settling in to. This is a place I am going to turn into a home - our home.

What's scary about that is that it is another big leap in my life. It is the beginning of another new life here. A permanence that I haven't felt here before. I have loved every moment of my time here, but it is becoming my home.

Altogether it is a little overwhelming. I can barely keep it together. This well of emotion that I hold inside me on any given day runs over with excitement, fear, love. I can't really illustrate this, but I think this must be something that every woman, maybe every man, goes through in their life at least once. That feeling like you're getting on a ride and as much as you can try to plan what is about to happen, you really only know your immediate future - you better buckle up and hope it is a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment