Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a New Year

Welcome to 2011. I am in shock that it is already here. Seems like just a minute ago that I sold everything I owned, packed a few bags of clothes and moved across the country - that was seven and half months ago already. In that amount of time a lot has changed in my life. The rough edges have been rounded out and I am surrounded by people who love me. I live with a sense of astonishment that I have built this little life for myself here. One that is everything I could ever ask it to be... and more. I now not only have this great job, wonderful girl friends, a new fun group of guy friends (who are mostly old friends actually) and a fantastic apartment, but also the love I have always wished for. It's all finally a reality and I seriously have to pinch myself. Who gets this lucky???

New Years was spent in Mammoth again this year. Unfortunately, it wasn't the fun-filled celebration I wanted it to be. This year was tainted by the loss of my second iPhone. I mustered up as much energy as I could to still be a good time, but definitely had difficulties keeping it together... just bad timing I guess. Anyway, despite that series of unfortunate events, I have very high hopes for 2011 as a whole. I think it is going to be a great year. So far, so good. Thinking there is only room for it to get better.

Now that Brandon is here, I am so excited for so many things. There are so many parts of my life here that I am looking forward to sharing with him. Introducing him to all my friends that he has yet to meet, making dinners together, date nights, looking for an apartment for him (and me eventually). It's a brand new life for him here and it's just so thrilling to get to experience that all over again with him. Even though I was pretty scared from our break-up when I moved here, it was still - for lack of a better word - the most exciting experience of my life. I hope he loves it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment